“Sometimes the only freedom we have is dancing in our underpants”
– Dale Key
Can’t believe it’s already Sunday…well~ Keep calm and let’s make some pancakes.
prep time: 5m| cook time: 15m | makes 6-8
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 or 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 large egg
- 11/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt; make a well in the center.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and 11/4 cups of milk; add to the flour mixture, stirring only until smooth.
- Blend in melted butter. If the batter seems to thick to pour, add a little more milk.
- Cook on a hot, greased griddle, using about 1/4 cup of butter for each pancake. (Could also mix a little bit of olive oil with butter, to help to brown the pancake without burning it).
- Cook until bubbly, a little dry around the edges, and lightly browned on the bottom; turn and brown the other side. Serve hot with syrup, fruits (e.g: bananas, blueberries and or strawberries), yogurt or ice-cream.