“I followed my heart and it led me into the fridge”
Yogurt Soju – prep time: 1m| cook time: n/a | makes 2
- Korean Soju
- Asian Yogurt drink
* Use 200ml Korean soju, 200ml asian yogurt drink, 200ml Sprite, pour all ingredients into shaker with ice, to chill.
Kimchi Fried Rice – prep time: 5m| cook time: 15m | makes 2
- 3/4 cups kimchi, chopped
- 1/3 kimchi sauce
- 1 pound pork tenderloin or bacon, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon red pepper paste (gochujang)
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 cups cool cooked white rice, preferably a day old
- black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, sunnyside up
- Sesame seasoned seaweed, for garnish
- Heat sesame oil in a wok or a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, a pinch of salt, then pork tenderloin and cook (or just garlic and bacon) , stirring occasionally, until cooked through.
- Remove meat from pan, turn the heat to high and add the kimchi and cook for 2 or 3 minutes until it begins to crisp on the edges.
- Add the red pepper paste and rice and stir thoroughly to combine. Cook until the rice is warmed through and evenly mixed in with the kimchi. Then add the scallions and meats to rice and cook just until fragrant, about 30 – 40 seconds. Remove from heat, then divide mixture into 2 plates.
- In a small pan, fry both eggs and cook until the whites have set. When each egg is done, use a spatula to set each serving with a sunnyside up egg. Garnish with sesame seasoned seaweed and pepper, serve immediately.