“We can do no great things – only small things with great love”
– Katherine Mansfield
Early morning, I listened to the sound of the rain…felt the cold breeze and smelt the freshness. Messy hair, omelette, coffee, a book and my iPod shuffle, can’t think of a better way to start the day than this.
prep time: 10m| cook time: 20m | makes 2
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Wattie’s supersweet corns (optional)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 slices of bacon, diced (optional)
- 1 potato, diced (microwaved 2 minutes)
- 1 small handful white button mushroom, thickly sliced
- 1 small handful shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Beat well with a fork or a pair of chopsticks.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in small frying pan on a low heat, add potato and bacon, cook 1 minutes; add tomato, cook 1 minutes or until soft, add corns and mushrooms, stirring frequently. Remove mixture from the pan.
- Heat half of the remaining oil in pan, pour half of the egg mixture and move the pan to spread it out evenly. When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, then spoon half the vegs+bacon mix over half the omelette, sprinkle with some shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Fold omelette over the mix, leave for about 30 – 50 seconds, or cook to your liking.
- Loosen omelette with a spatula and carefully slide omelette on to a plate. Season with black pepper to taste. Repeat procedures for the rest of the mix. Served with a salad.