“Life isn’t perfect, but your breakfast can be! ”
It’s simple and delicious!
prep time: 5m| cook time: 12m, makes 2
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 handful of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices of Danish Streaky Bacon (Heller’s), cut into 3-4 strips
- 2 eggs
- 1 white button mushrooms (thinly sliced, optional)
- 1 spring onion, cut diagonally
- Black peppers to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Cut the puff pastry into six 4-inch squares and place on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the edge with a thin coating of the egg.
3. Sprinkle cheese over the surface and to create a “well” for the egg.
4. Place the bacon & mushrooms around the egg, top with spring onions, and season with black pepper.
5. Bake the tart for approx 10-15 mins or until the puff pastry is golden brown and egg whites are set.
6. Remove from the oven and serve with salads
“You are a smart cookie. A wise chocolate cake. A brilliant pancake.”
Sat morning, breakfast, healthy, best, perfection…You deserve coffee & pancakes! Period!
prep time: 15m| cook time: 25m | makes 2
Pancake recipe from previous post (added blueberries and icing sugar) – Homemade style pancakes
Side dishes ~ let’s begin:
Roasted eggplant :
- 1/2 large eggplant, cut into cubes.
- Preheat oven to 325F/180C degrees, brush eggplants with olive oil and put in oven to grill until soft.
- Add sesame dressing and spring onion to plate, season with salt and pepper if needed.
White button mushroom salad :
- 6-7 white button mushrooms, cut into medium to thick slices.
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Spring onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil / butter
- Heat pan with medium to high heat, add oil/butter, garlic, then mushroom, stir till slightly golden brown on the edges of the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper. Add spring onion to plate.
“We can do no great things – only small things with great love”
– Katherine Mansfield
Early morning, I listened to the sound of the rain…felt the cold breeze and smelt the freshness. Messy hair, omelette, coffee, a book and my iPod shuffle, can’t think of a better way to start the day than this.
prep time: 10m| cook time: 20m | makes 2
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Wattie’s supersweet corns (optional)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 slices of bacon, diced (optional)
- 1 potato, diced (microwaved 2 minutes)
- 1 small handful white button mushroom, thickly sliced
- 1 small handful shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Beat well with a fork or a pair of chopsticks.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in small frying pan on a low heat, add potato and bacon, cook 1 minutes; add tomato, cook 1 minutes or until soft, add corns and mushrooms, stirring frequently. Remove mixture from the pan.
- Heat half of the remaining oil in pan, pour half of the egg mixture and move the pan to spread it out evenly. When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, then spoon half the vegs+bacon mix over half the omelette, sprinkle with some shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Fold omelette over the mix, leave for about 30 – 50 seconds, or cook to your liking.
- Loosen omelette with a spatula and carefully slide omelette on to a plate. Season with black pepper to taste. Repeat procedures for the rest of the mix. Served with a salad.
“Sometimes the only freedom we have is dancing in our underpants”
– Dale Key
Can’t believe it’s already Sunday…well~ Keep calm and let’s make some pancakes.
prep time: 5m| cook time: 15m | makes 6-8
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 or 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 large egg
- 11/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt; make a well in the center.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and 11/4 cups of milk; add to the flour mixture, stirring only until smooth.
- Blend in melted butter. If the batter seems to thick to pour, add a little more milk.
- Cook on a hot, greased griddle, using about 1/4 cup of butter for each pancake. (Could also mix a little bit of olive oil with butter, to help to brown the pancake without burning it).
- Cook until bubbly, a little dry around the edges, and lightly browned on the bottom; turn and brown the other side. Serve hot with syrup, fruits (e.g: bananas, blueberries and or strawberries), yogurt or ice-cream.